International Marine Insurance Expert Witness and Consultant
Also covering the Energy and Liability Sectors
Serving All 5 Continents
Marine Insurance Expert Witness and Consultancy Services
We offer the following services: Marine insurance expert witness, contentious claims review, audit and peer review, insurance archaeology and insurance courses.
Services include : Insurance Expert Witness, audit and peer review, contentious claims review, insurance archaeology and historical research, insurance courses and workshops
All classes of marine insurance including cargo, transportation, hull, protection and indemnity (P and I), marine liabilities, marine construction, freight forwarder, transit intermediary war and terrorism risks, yacht and pleasurecraft, incoterms and trade, letters of credit, subrogation, energy, oil and gas, liability or casualty, compliance and international sanctions.
Retained in 45 cases in United Kingdom, Canada, United States and Singapore. Over 20 expert opinions. Sworn expert testimony in 15 cases. Testified at trial on 5 occasions.
We provide insurance expert witness and litigation support services to the legal community on all 5 Continents.
We offer insurance consulting services to the insurance, shipping and transportation, energy, oil and gas industry.
Audit & Peer Review
We offer audit and peer review services in the field of underwriting and claims to insurance companies, Lloyd’s Syndicates and reinsurers.
We offer insurance archeology and historical research services to find lost policy documents.
Contentious Claims Review
Looking at a claim with a second set of professional eyes.
We offer courses in marine, energy and liability insurance to all relevant sectors of industry.
Our 4 Core Values
About Alan Jervis
In order to best serve his clients, Alan is committed to remaining up to date on industry practices as well as changes in the legal, regulatory and economic environment. He is an active insurance practitioner, currently engaged in consultancy services in the field of marine and liability underwriting. He teaches insurance courses on a regular basis and participates in insurance education initiatives. Alan also attends professional development courses to build on his existing expertise and to ensure that he is current on industry practices.
- Over 40 years experience as an insurance underwriter, claims adjuster, subrogation specialist and teacher to various industries.
- Working experience in the UK, London, French, Canadian and American insurance industries.
- Retained as an expert witness in over 40 cases in the United Kingdom, Canada, USA and Singapore.
- Testified as an expert at 3 trials and over 12 pre trial hearings and depositions.
- Elected as Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute and earned the designation ‘Chartered Insurer’ in 1985.
- Elected as a full practising member of the Academy of Experts in 2020
- Elected as a Member of the Rules and Practice Committee of the Association of Average Adjusters from 1994 to 2000
- Elected as a Member of the Loss Prevention Committee of the International Union of Marine Insurance from 1993 to 1998
- Elected as a Member of the Joint IUMI and International P and I Working Group on general Average in 1996
- Elected as Vice-President Canadian Board of Marine Underwriters 199 to 2000
- President and Chief Agent of Maritime Insurance Company, Canada 1994 to 1996
- President of Canada Security Insurance Company 1989 to 1995
- Owner and President of underwriting agency from 1996 to 2000
- Responsible for run off of property and casualty business for Norwich Union Insurance Group Canada 1985 to 1996
- Over 3 years experience as agent
- Handled property and casualty claims from 2010 to 2011
- Underwriting manager of marine insurer from 2011 to 2018
- Accredited course provider for the Chartered Insurance Institute, London
- Former accredited course provider for the Insurance Institute of Canada, IBAO and RIBO
- Taught over 250 courses in marine, energy, liability, property and casualty insurance to insurance and non insurance industry professionals in the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malta, Canada and the United States